Friday, April 22, 2011

Last day with my friends

As the week was coming to a close I was getting very sad, because I hate leaving a place I love so much.  I still had two more days, but it felt like one since literally almost everyone who came to Seaside for Spring Break was leaving the day before.  I had a blast with my friends on their last day.  Lilly and I went kayaking!  We rode our bikes on the curving, fun paths through the wooded area until we reached the beautiful lake.  We grabbed a life jacket and headed out!  The guide told use how to paddle and left us on our own paddling !  We headed out  and paddled in a loop around a pavilion and then under a cool bridge  that you can ride your bike on.  While on the kayak I was perfectly content.  Just a little scared of alligators, but the guy reassured me there were no alligators, because they take them out when they see them.

 I could feel the wind blowing on me and the sun felt amazing beating down on me.  Lilly and I talked and paddled around in our kayaks for probably an hour.  Kayaking with Lilly was such a great experience!  Lilly and I rode our bikes to the beach to meet Mary Charles, and Avery.  The ocean was freezing so we instead dug  a hole with a few guys from Holy Trinity.  The hole was at least three and a half feet deep, when we helped them finish a guy came up to us from the chair rental company and said we had to fill it in because someone could fall in it.  We were hungry, so we went to the taco bar and had fantastics fish tacos!    Louise was gong to join us, but decided not to.  I was so sad everyone was leaving the following morning.  We talked, they were jealous I got to stay for another day.  I was sad they wouldn't be there.  We said bye and I headed back to the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment