Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Are we there yet?

Airplane
You probably think most people leave bright and early for vacation.  This year we left at eight o'clock at night and drove about four hours to Nashville, Tennessee.  When we arrived at twelve o' clock I think my mom, dad, sister, and I were all exhausted.  After checking in we went right upstairs and fell asleep.  The morning came before I knew it, and boy was I hungry!  When I found out the hotel didn't have breakfast I was a little bummed, but I think I was alright.  We decided to have star-bucks when we arrived at the airport at about  nine and had a great muffin that 's smell can not be described.  We didn't take too long, because before I knew it my mom was telling us to hurry up.  It was time to board the plane!  As we grabbed our very comfortable seats I closed my eyes because I do not enjoy planes!  Before I knew it I looked out the window and there was the ocean, beautiful and blue.  We had arrived in Seaside, FL!

Seaside is such a beautiful, relaxing vacation spot.  It is located in South Grayton Beach on the panhandle of Florida.  It is thirty miles north of Destin and thirty miles south of Panama City Beach.  The weather here is amazing!  There are only 50 to 60 days without sunshine, and the average annual temperature is 67.20 degrees F.  In the winter the temperatures usually range from 50 degrees F to 75 degrees F.  The summer here is much warmer and seems to range from 80 degrees F to 91 degrees F.  A natural resource here are the forests.  They cover forty percent of the land area in Florida!  Most trees are pines.  Seaside is such a magnificent place to see!

1 comment:

  1. Seems like it took a really lonnnngggg time to get there! Oh and by the way the muffin sounds really good! haha! :) Seaside does sound like a gorgeous place!

    ReplyDelete